Grand Bazaar (Guided Tour)
#14 in Istanbul
With over 4000 shops, the Grand Bazaar is the oldest covered market, or bazaar, and one of the largest ones in the world. Built under the order of Sultan Mehmet between 1455 and 1560, in order to stimulate the economy of the city, the market has been fully operational ever since. It enjoyed a high prosperity during the reign of the Ottoman Empire and had no rival in all Europe, in terms of the quality and variety of the goods that could be found.
An amazing guided tour to the Grand Bazaar is included with the Istanbul Tourist Pass.
Hours & Schedule
- Monday thru Saturday: 16:45
The approximate duration is 30 minutes
The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
How To Get There?
The tour starts from the stop of the BigBus touristic buses in the Sultanahmet Square, approximately 20 meters (65 ft) in front of the Hagia Sophia Museum.
The Sultanahmet Square can be reached via the T1 Tram Line.
- The guided tours are performed in English.
- The tour starts at the stop of the Big Bus in Sultanahmet. Click on Get Directions above to find the location.
- The tour doesn't require a reservation in advance.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed all-day long during the holidays of the Ramadan and Sacrifice Festivals (11th, 12th and 13th of August, 2019).
Istanbul's one & only sightseeing pass with free Access to 30+ attractions & services.
Buy now & save over €250!