Dolmabahçe Palace (Guided Tour)
#15 in Istanbul
Istanbul Tourist Pass opens for you the doors of the last, largest, and probably most expensive palace inhabited by the sultans and the imperial family of the Ottoman Empire... the Dolmabahçe Palace!
With this guided tour you will be able to visit this astonishing and lavish palace, opened in 1856 and built under the orders of Sultan Abdülmecid I to put the empire at the level of the European monarchies. Whereas the Topkapı Palace holds some of the main relics of the main religions of the world and the fourth largest diamond in the world, the Dolmabahçe Palace boast the biggest collection of Baccarat and Bohemian crystal chandeliers in the world, including the largest Bohemian crystal chandelier ever, as well as an impressive amount of gold. It has so much gold in it, that almost half the cost of the construction came from the gold used only for the ceilings!
Another difference with the Topkapı Palace, not taking into account the european-styled design, is the fact that the furniture used when the palace was still used is under display.
The Dolmabahçe Palace was the last headquarter of the empire until 1922, when the empire was abolished by the order of the new Turkish National Assembly, and it was home to the last Crown Prince until the 1st quarter of 1924, when the Caliphate was finally abolished and he and his family were expelled from Turkey.
An amazing skip-the-line guided tour where you will be able to visit the magnificent palace, starting with the exterior and interior courtyards, following by a visit to the open rooms, EXCLUDING the Imperial Harem).
Hours & Schedule
- Monday: NO TOURS
- Tuesday: 13:45 and 15:30
- Wednesday thru Sunday: 09:00, 13:45 and 15:30
The approximate duration is 60 minutesView Timetable
How To Get There?
The tour starts in front the door of the clock tower of the Dolmabahçe palace.
The palace is located close to the Kabataş Tram Station. It can be reached via the T1 Tram Line by getting off in Kabataş and then walking 5 minutes past the gas station.
- The guided tours are performed in English.
- The tour starts in front of the door of the clock tower of the palace. Click on Get Directions above to find the location.
- The tour doesn't require a reservation in advance.
- Istanbul Tourist Pass holders do not pay admission at the Dolmabahçe Palace.
- Children will be asked to present their valid passport at the entrance of the museums in order to validate their age.
- Please note that this attraction cannot be accessed directly by presenting the digital Pass at the museum. You need to enter with the tour guide.
- The museum is closed for visits for half-day on the first day of Ramadan and Sacrifice Festivals.
Istanbul's one & only sightseeing pass with free Access to 30+ attractions & services.
Buy now & save over €250!